Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Great Expectations Conference



This weekend was a very exciting and fun filled weekend. I got the opportunity to meet a lot of new people and I also learned a lot. There were about 26 other students there, all very excited about their exchanges. Also, a lot of Rotartians, Rebounds, and Rotex there, very eager to help teach us about exchange. We got the opportunity to go through a lot of orientation, play games, do a talent show, and above all meet new people.

I got picked up Friday after school, along with 4 other Americans. We drove up to a little campground between here and London, Ontario. Right away, I knew this was going to be a fun weekend because of how much fun we had in the car. And of course it was a very fun weekend from the start. We didn't have any classes the first night. We just played a game, talked, ate pizza, and had a good time.

The next day we had a series of classes that taught us about how to handle our exchanges. Mostly Rotarians ran the classes, and the much needed health breaks in between were run by the Rebound students. We got a lot accomplished and I learned a lot too. Towards the end of the day, we did a talent show to help us with our timidness. Everyone was very talented. Unfortunately I wasn't, but at least I got through my song.

Finally Sunday came, we had two more classes before the weekend was over. It was very upsetting leaving, because we had such a good time with everybody. To close out the day, we all received our Rotary jackets, which is a very big and exciting thing because that is where you put all the pins you collect in other countries. So we received those and said goodbye to everybody. It was sad, but at least I get to see everyone again in May. I am very excited for that conference. It will be a little longer than this one, but hopefully just as fun. I had a great time this weekend and I hope it is a sign for a great exchange.











2 comments:

  1. Now that I can finally comment, I'm going back to your previous posts. Why do some people have red blazers and some have blue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry that I didn't reply sooner, but Red is Canada and Blue is America. We have an international district which is mostly Canadian. We wouldv'e gotten red if the kid last year didn't freak out because we are technically supposed to be blue because it is the American color. But I wouldn't care either way.

    ReplyDelete