Thursday, June 17, 2010

Berlin!



I finally got an email about where I am going! I received an email from the travel agent saying that they had received a bunch of stuff, and they listed it, and one of the things was my guarantee forms, received 3 days ago!! So I emailed the correspondent for Germany, and sure enough she had received my guarantee forms. She sent me the name of the club and my district! I was so confused because I plugged the name of my club into google and nothing was popping up. So I went to the District 1940 website and sure enough, it was a club in Berlin!!!! My club name is Berlin-Schloss-Köpenick. It is located in Southeast Berlin. For now that is all that I know. My forms were sent to Canada, so I still won't have a contact for about a week. Hopefully they contact me first. I really want to know my family and my school. Hopefully I receive the information on the trips soon too. But I already kind of have an idea about that. I am so relieved that I have finally received some information! Now I can finally calm down and just be content with the information that I have this far. It will be weird going from what feels like the smallest town in America to one of the biggest in Europe. But it will be a great experience.


This is one of the oldest areas in Berlin. This building specifically is what my club is named after. It is a castle was built in 1558, it is one of the oldest landmarks in Berlin because most of it was destroyed in World War II.

2 comments:

  1. i'm going to be in district 1940 too! just outside of berlin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for Berline. Love the new blog background too. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete