Monday, June 28, 2010

1st Host Family

Well it seems like everything just keeps getting better and better! I've been talking to my 1st host family, and they are great! I have a mom, and two brothers. One is older, and one is my age. Unfortunately the one my age is leaving for Argentina 3 days after I arrive, and I have been talking to him the most. But he told me for those 3 days before he leaves, he is going to show me all of Berlin, and the day that he leaves we are going to Frankfurt for him to catch his flight. Hopefully we go early! Other good things, I received my guarantee forms! Also, I finally finished my essay! I wrote 17 pages total, and I was glad that it was done. I also made my business cards to give to Rotarians and I bought my pins. They are pretty boring, but I'm passing out the wrist things as well. There really isn't too much more exciting things to talk about. It has been extremely nice actually being able to tell people where I am going! And I also don't have to explain them where it is at. The question that I get now is,"What side are you on?" I really don't mind that question though. At least I can tell people are interested too. It is going to be really weird going to such a big city! I feel like I'm in the smallest city in America, and then I am going to the biggest city in Germany.

There is exactly 7 more weeks until I leave! I will post more when I find out more. The central states conference in Grand Rapids is in two weeks! I am sooo excited for that.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Reed! I will be living vicariously through you for the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you know your brother district in Argentina?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I don't. I'll have to ask him. Now I sort of feel rude because we never talk about his exchange.

    ReplyDelete