Tuesday, January 18, 2011

5 months down...

...and unfortunately only 5 or 6 months left....

I really don't know what to write for the post other than it's reaching the half way point and I'm not excited. But I am excited to see how much more I'll change in last half of the year. My German has improved tremendously since I've gotten here. I hate talking about it, because I know it's not good, but I am able to only speak in German when I really want, and I understand almost everything now. I did speak some English on Friday because I was at Giulia's going away party, but other than that I've hardly spoken English since the holidays.

I am also very happy with my school and I finally do stuff often with them...every Thursday is officially DÖNERSTAG(Donnerstag), and we just eat Döner because it's still probably the best food in the world. Then we are also often hanging out, or just doing stuff. I really like my last school, but my new school is a lot more frendly and welcoming. I've already visited my old school twice and I really don't miss it too much. I miss a lot of the people, but definitely not all. I think I was just better off at a Gymnasium.

There is also a lot to look forward to in the next few months. I have this week, then next week and then the week after we go on holidays. So me and my family are driving with a few other families to Austria!! And the best part is, is that Rotary is giving me 400 Euros to go!! So I might even be getting to keep some money. Then the weekend after break I have another Rotary conference. I'm not really excited because it is mostly held in Berlin and we are getting a city tour of the city I already know well enough. Last year it was held on an island on the Baltic see, and that would of been a lot cooler, but it's held with another district and our district is in charge of hosting this year!

Then like I've said 1000 times already, in April I go on Eurotour!!! I don't have any school for a month because when I get back we go on break! The end of the year is very easy. Also in June I get to go to Holland on a school trip and we ride around in a boat for a week on go on shore everyday. And it's not expensive! It'll be a good last couple days with my school. Then after that I have 3 weeks and then probably going home. I still haven't picked an official date yet. I am waiting until February or March to say for sure...But I'm still not excited at all to decide!!

2 comments:

  1. NO FOEHR!?!?!

    SADDD! THAT WAS MY FAVORITE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much excitement awaits you in the next few months. Live it up!

    ReplyDelete