Sunday, February 27, 2011

German Birthday!!

Last Wednesday I celebrated my 17th Birthday, and it was probably the best birthday I've ever had! I went down for breakfast like any other day, but instead I was greeted by some German traditional Birthday song, and then a hug from everybody and they just wished me the best with everything. Then we had cheesecake because they were trying to make it as American as possible.

At school I got hugs and handshakes from everybody, including the teachers, they sang to me in practically every class, and I even got two cakes from people in my class! Very legit German cakes with Haribo inside!! They tasted amazing!

Then I met up with Adrian, another American, and we bought Reese's Peanut Butter cups at KaDeWe, and just chilled for a few hours. Then I went back to Fredrichshagen, and met my host family, and we went to some American Restaurant and I tried to be as cheap as possible, but my host dad took my water away when I got it, and said that I have to drink beer on my only birthday in Germany, but I didn't complain. First time eating a legit American burger in a while too!!

Afterwards, we went back home and I opened up all my presents. I got a cd from 6kornbrot, German candies, legit puma soccer shoes since I play soccer now, flowers, and of course a beer glass and more beer. So I had another beer with my host dad, and then I went up stairs to skype with my family to end the night. A pretty legit Birthday to say the least...

Then on Friday I went to my first Abitur party with my school! It's a party put on by the Graduating class, and practically the whole school went. It was a great time, I really can't explain that well because it was just dancing and chilling with friends the whole time. There was also a pirate theme, so pretty much everybody dressed up. Someone drew a scar on my face before I went in, so I go in for a Euro cheaper!!

Then yesterday I met up with the exchange students, we didn't really do much, and I also wasn't really in mood for anything. But it was still a good time, and nice to see everyone again....

1 comment:

  1. A very good birthday indeed Reeder! What a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete